I'm a title. Click here to edit me
Concours Day, Sunday 12th May 2013 went well on a sunny but cool day with 31 bikes making the run to Twycross Zoo and back. Tea and Bickies were consumed at the zoo with the Snow Leopard glancing up from his meal of collar bone steak. Big Dave had B31 trouble but made the run ok. That engine felt a bit tight Dave! On the return, there was much tyre kicking as voting took place and the results are as follows: -
1. British Single 1st Rob Turner 2nd Bob Salmon
2. British Multi 1st John Stonard 2nd Malcolm Denis
3. British Lightweight upto 250cc 1st John Sanders 2nd Larry Phillips
4. Modern Retro 1st Ian Waterworth 2nd Mark Osborne
5. Non-British Lightweight upto 250cc 1st Paul Walton (no second awarded)
6. Non-British 251 to 600cc 1st Brian Jarvis 2nd George Pryke
7. Non-British Unlimited 1st Pete Savage 2nd Audley Farnsworth
8. Most Desirable 1st Audley Farnsworth
9. Landlords Choice 1st Malcolm Denis
The presentations took place by John Harper of that august and noteworthy publication; Tamworth Herald. The Concours day event closed amid the start of a light shower of rain and people went back to their homes for Sunday lunch. If you are a club member and were not there, then you missed a good morning’s ride. The TDCMC thank all those who participated, wish a special thankyou John Harper and his good lady wife for coming out to present the trophies at the conclusion of the run. Many thanks to Maureen Green and Roger Hunt for their efforts on the paperwork and Mien Host for the use of his car park. Dave Comelio and Joy apologise for not being present and being unable to do the honours, John Green took over bravely took over the duties.
Bob Salmon; - Hon Sec.
Alan Briscoe; - Webmaster and "tail end charlie"